Recent Media Coverage of the January King Tides
The January King Tides are occuring as a storm is reaching Southern California this year, which may increase the potential for coastal flooding.
- KSBW: King Tides to hit Southern California coast
- ABC10 News: Beachgoers head to coast to see extreme tides
- KLTA 5: King Tides threaten to flood coastal homes
- Daily Pilot: Newport anticipates higher tides
- Los Alamitos-Seal Beach Patch: King Tides gale-force winds, rain, trigger flood warning
- UT San Diego: Most extreme tides of the season–a great infographic series on what causes the King Tides!
A huge thanks to the LA Waterkeeper and Coastkeeper Alliance for promoting the King Tides in Southern California this month!